GAIJIN GUIDELINES FOR CONTENT CREATORS
Last revised and effective: March 31, 2022
The current version:: https://www.gaijin.net/en/contentrules
WE ENCOURAGE USER’S CREATIVITY AND ASK EACH CONTENT MAKER («CREATOR») TO FOLLOW THIS DOCUMENT («GUIDELINES») IN USING GAIJIN’S VIDEOGAME(S) («GAMES» OR «GAME»), PUBLISHED ON ANY PLATFORM (I.E. WINDOWS, XBOX, PLAYSTATION, IOS, ANDROID AND ETC.), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WAR THUNDER, CROSSOUT, STAR CONFLICT, CRSED: F.O.A.D., ENLISTED AND/OR OTHER GAIJIN’S VIDEOGAME, FOR THE PURPOSE OF CREATING ANY CONTENT WITH THE USE OF THE GRAPHICAL, AUDIOVISUAL AND ANY OTHER CONTENT OF THE GAME, INCLUDING LOGOS, GAMEPLAY FOOTAGES AND SCREENSHOTS, IN ANY LANGUAGE IN THE FORM OF, WITHOUT LIMITATIONS, VIDEO REVIEW, GAMEPLAY STREAMING, TEXT REVIEWS AND NOTES (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS «CONTENT» И «GAIJIN MATERIALS GAIJIN» RESPECTIVELY) AND DISTRIBUTION OF THE CONTENT ON THE INTERNET THROUGH ONLINE STREAMING OR PUBLICATION ON INTERNET SITES (HEREINAFTER REFERRED TO AS «PLATFORMS») PROVIDED THAT YOUR CONTENT IS FREELY AVAILABLE TO THE PUBLIC. PLEASE ALSO NOTE THAT THESE GUIDELINES ARE NOT EXHAUSTIVE, AND NOT A LICENSE OR AUTHORIZATION, OR A PERMISSION FOR A THIRD-PARTY CONTENT. GAIJIN AT ANY TIME RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE OR REPORT ANY CONTENT THAT AT GAIJIN’S OWN DISCRETION IS INFRINGING, INAPPROPRIATE OR UNLAWFUL IN ANY WAY.
ENGLISH VERSION OF THIS DOCUMENT IS THE ONLY ORIGINAL VERSION AND SHALL PREVAIL IN THE EVENT OF ANY DIFFERENCES, QUESTIONS OR DISPUTES CONCERNING THE MEANING, FORM, VALIDITY OR INTERPRETATION THEREOF.
1. LIMITATIONS OF USE
1.1. Creator’s use of Gaijin Materials has certain limitations established by Gaijin at its sole discretion. In particular, the Creator hereby unconditionally agrees and guarantees that he (or she) WILL NOT do (or attempt to do or facilitate doing) under any circumstances the following:
1.1.1. Not Gaijin’s Official Content
- assert or give the impression that the Content is produced or approved by Gaijin or its employees as well as that Gaijin or its employees otherwise bear on the Content.
1.1.2. Limited commercial use
- use the Content, Gaijin Materials and Game for making money or gaining any other financial benefit except through permissible monetization described below.
- Gaijin does not restrict the Creator from running ads on and monetizing any Content relevant to this Agreement via Platform’s own monetization system.
1.1.3. No transmitting unauthorized information and inappropriate Content
- post, publish, send, promote, cite, put link to information that (1) infringes third parties’ rights, including intellectual property rights; (2) is offensive, including in any of the following ways – religiously, sexually, racially, nationally, personally; (3) defamatory, abusive and threatening language; (4) contains nudity or of sexual and pornographic nature; (5) is unlawful, deceptive or fraudulent; (6) invades someone’s privacy; (7) contains harassment or promotes and encourages harassment and/or excessive violence; (8) encourages crimes, torts or other offenses, or give rise to civil liability; (9) otherwise violates the Guidelines, EULA, Terms of Service or any other Gaijin politics/agreements and/or applicable law.
1.1.4. No Pre-Release Content
- create, post the Content or disclose of unofficially released, unauthorized, or leaked Content of any kind in any format. Any publishing of Content containing any material in relation to any other Gaijin’s game prior to its official release date is strictly prohibited.
1.1.5. No extraction of Game elements
- extract materials from the Games (such as voice recordings, music, game objects) and distribute them separately.
1.1.6. No Plagiarism
- simply copy official trailers or create Content only based on static in-game images.
1.1.7. No usage of names, logos, trademarks and other Gaijin’s designations
- use any designations related to the Game (including, but not limited to the game title and logo) in order to individualize any products other than the Game, with a view to profit or not, without prior consent of Gaijin, as well as to register such designations (identical or confusingly similar) as trademarks and/or domain names (including sub-domains) in any country of the world.
1.1.8. No software modification
- decompile Games or perform other actions for which the Game was not originally intended in order to gain access to materials for creating the Content.
1.1.9. No politics
- Gaijin does not endorse or support any political parties, groups, movements, organizations or committees, any companies, partnerships, corporations, or associations organized or maintained for political purposes, as well as candidates for political office, including in connection with any election, referendum, proposed bill, or for any other political purpose whatever.
- In connection therewith, Gaijin explicitly prohibits the use of the Games and/or Gaijin Materials for political purposes, including the purposes above. The Content must not also contain any political symbols, logos, attributes, slogans, appeals, statements or other politically oriented content.
1.2. Please note that some game content (songs, unique models, logos etc.) may not be owned by Gaijin, but licensed by the third-party artists or authors instead. Please be aware that, for instance, some game music may cause potential video deletion by Platforms. If you intend to use any intellectual property of a third party, you are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary permissions.
1.3. All of the above will be considered a violation of Gaijin’s rights, and we may contact you or others (including Platforms), inform them of violations, ask you or others to immediately stop distributing the Content or purchase a license for commercial or other use. Please also note the above list of limitations is not exhaustive.
2. OTHER PROVISIONS
2.1. Gaijin may update these Guidelines from time to time. Please refer to the latest version before sharing the Content.
2.2. Gaijin reserves the right to object to any use of the Games or Gaijin Materials, and to request removal of such objectionable Content at Gaijin’s sole discretion.
2.3. These Guidelines are only applicable to individual Creators, and do not apply to legal entities or other organizations of any form.
3. CONTACT INFORMATION
Should you have any questions regarding the use of Gaijin Materials, Content and/or these Guidelines, please contact our Marketing Department via email@example.com.