Full-Stack / Backend PHP Web-Developer (m/f/x)
Job Type: Full Time (European HQ in Germany)
For our international team at our location in Karlsruhe, Germany, we are currently looking for an enthusiastic Full-Stack / Backend PHP Web-Developer (m/f/x).
One of your primary responsibilities will be to develop, extend and support the Gaijin Content Partnership Portal, a major tool to provide valuable services to partnered content creators & partners on main video platforms like YouTube and Twitch. Working with leading stakeholders in our Marketing department, you will be responsible for coding, feature planning and the public release of the portal, its ongoing product roadmap and growth, as well as its integration into other internal services, including Store & SSO.
Next to your primary project, your tasks may include:
- Integration between Internal services and data sources (e.g. data collection & proxying it into our accounting system) as well as external services (e.g. data collection from Youtube & Twitch APIs).
- Further development of event processing system, internal assessment and scoring tools.
- Data parsing and aggregation. Implementation of sophisticated data reports both in your product and using DS/BI tools.
Based on your skills and interests, you will also be involved in the development of other Gaijin services, which may include game services and websites, platforms for our advertisements, UX research, and many more.
You will be one chat away from in-house stakeholders, so communication and feedback is instant. Publicly, your work will be used by thousands of key people that regularly interact with our 100+ million player audience.
- Completed relevant university-level degree or an equivalent apprenticeship.
- At least two years of practical experience in web development, including at least one year of development experience for a commercial project.
- Knowledge of and experience with the Yii2 framework is a big plus.
- Git as your everyday tool, Gerrit is a plus.
- Knowledge in one or multiple of the following areas a plus: Golang, Vue.js, development for highload environments, queues (Beanstalk, RabbitMQ), NGINX performance tuning, docker configuration.
- Willingness and interest in the continuous development of your skills in and knowledge of all areas of web development.
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of the Russian language is a plus.
- Definitive opportunities to shape your own career within the company and good future prospects for your own development.
- Friendly and modern open office environment in the heart of the technology region of Karlsruhe, located in the south of Germany. A perfect location to work and have fun; close to the border of France and Switzerland.
- Flat hierarchy and fast decision making paths with the opportunity to take on strategic responsibilities and to develop own projects.
- Employee benefits, e.g. a subsidized company pension scheme.
- A complimentary premium membership in the region's leading gym studio network as well as free hot and cold drinks in the office.
To apply for this position, send us your complete application (a letter of introduction, your CV and qualification certificates) including your salary expectations, exclusively as a digital document, with the subject "Full-Stack / Backend PHP Web-Developer", to email@example.com, also mentioning how you found out about the position. Please be aware that we can only consider applicants with a valid working permission for Germany or the European Union, respectively.