Gaijin develops AAA-grade online games for PC, consoles and mobile platforms, including the popular MMO "War Thunder", "Enlisted" and other games. The Gaijin team consists of hundreds of talented game developers from all over Europe and is constantly growing.
We are ready to consider applicants from anywhere in the world. You can work with us remotely. Our company helps with relocation to: Hungary, Cyprus, Germany, Dubai, Montenegro, Latvia, Armenia, and Georgia.
We are looking for an Art Director to join War Thunder and War Thunder Mobile teams.
As an Art Director/Lead artist you’ll be responsible for the whole project’s look. After familiarization with the tools and the team, the ideal candidate will lay a strong foundation of the visual quality of assets and features and lead our project to the next level of visual excellence.
What you will do:
- formulate the project's vision and its development: keep track of industry advancements, adopt new technologies, or push the development of internal tools;
- people management for the art team: hiring, termination, and fostering growth;
- conduct regular reviews, provide feedback to artists and outsourced teams;
- set an example for other team members, maintaining a high standard of art quality;
- implement best practices in the art development pipeline and share knowledge with the team.
What we expect:
- minimum of 5 years of experience in the gaming industry as a Lead/Artist;
- at least one AAA project in the portfolio;
- proficiency in Autodesk 3ds Max, Adobe Photoshop, Substance Designer at an advanced level;
- deep understanding of technical nuances and constraints in game development projects;
- strong modelling and texturing skills, including node-based tools;
- solid artistic and technical skills, with the capability to effectively communicate your vision to the team;
- openness to new technologies and styles;
- proficient English.
Our offer to the finalist:
- work in a company that made one of the most popular games in the world;
- competitive salary (the level of salary is discussed individually with the candidate at the interview);
- non-trivial tasks that will be fulfilled using innovative, promising technologies, which makes our solutions attractive and relevant in the rapidly changing IT market;
- an international team of experienced developers;
- our company assists with relocation to the countries and offices of our company/partners: Hungary, Cyprus, Germany, Dubai, Montenegro, Latvia, Armenia, and Georgia.
- work format: remote or hybrid (remote/office). Flexible start of the working day;
- medical insurance.
To apply for the position, send us your complete application (a letter of introduction, your CV and qualification certificates) including your salary expectations, exclusively as a digital document, with the job position title in mail subject, to email@example.com, also mentioning how you found out about the position.